Tap into the great outdoors! We offer a range of activities to suit everyone both here at Flynne’s Barn and out and about in the beautiful Lake District. We partner with local specialists to provide more adventurous experiences.
Some of the experiences we offer:
- Canoeing and Sailing– a fun, leisurely half day canoe session journeying the quiet bays around the shores of Derwentwater and visiting the islands. We can also organise group sailing with an instructor for you.
- Bushcraft we run bushcraft sessions in our tipi. Learn how to start a fire without matches, cook outdoors, learn stick whittling, wood carving and creating nature art. Alternatively we can head out in an open canoe and learn bushcraft skills on one of the Derwentwater islands.
- Archery, Ghyll Scrambling, Abseiling, Rock climbing, Fell Walking– you can enjoy an archery session on the doorstep or alternatively choose from several activities that experienced local providers offer.
- Walk with Alpacas– meet these calming, friendly creatures and join them for a relaxed stroll in beautiful surroundings.
- Mindfulness and Relaxation: Local fitness and health expert, Eni, offers a Relaxercise class with gentle exercises to suit all abilities and energy levels. We even run our sessions outside when it’s sunny enough!
- Art and Craft: We have a range of art materials in the barn. It’s always well stocked and there’s plenty of inspiration for you to tap into your creativity.