BbTap into the great outdoors! There are many local organisations offering expertise in a range of outward bound activities tailored to suit all abilities.
Flynne’s Barn can fund one activity family and friendship groups and two for group visits. You can choose from the following activities:
- Canoeing and Sailing– a fun, leisurely half day canoe session journeying the quiet bays around the shores of Derwentwater and visiting the islands. We can also organise group sailing with an instructor for you.
- Bushcraft– we can organise a bushcraft session specially tailored to your needs here on site. Alternatively head out in an open canoe and learn bushcraft skills on one of the Derwentwater islands.
- Archery, Ghyll Scrambling, Abseiling, Rock climbing, Fell Walking– you can enjoy an archery session on the doorstep, just across the fields at the Glaramara or alternatively choose from several activities their experienced team have on offer.
- Walk with Alpacas– meet these friendly creatures and join them for a relaxed stroll in beautiful surroundings.
- Lake District Wildlife Park– over a hundred species of wild and domesticated animals are cared for in a stunning setting. Enjoy learning about exotic species, get up close and personal with animal encounters and wonder at the variety of wildlife kept at the park.